My Blog List

www.espn.com - OLY

CBSSports MLB News

Saturday, October 10, 2026

Good guy πŸ‘"NFL Legend Tony Dungy Says His Christian Faith Played a Role in His Firing from NBC: ‘They Knew Who I Was’ -"


NFL Hall of Fame coach and analyst [Tony Dungy](https://www.google.com/search?q=tony+dungy&kgmid=/m/0437tt) stated that his outspoken Christian faith and pro-life views may have factored into his departure from NBC’s "[Football Night in America](https://www.google.com/search?q=football+night+in+america&kgmid=/m/09k2xw)" ahead of the 2026 NFL season. [1, 2] 
## Key Details of Dungy’s Comments

* Official Network Explanation: NBC executives told Dungy and longtime studio partner Rodney Harrison that they wanted to refresh the broadcast, bring in younger voices, and reshape the pregame show. (Former Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin subsequently joined the NBC studio crew).

* Dungy’s Perspective: In an interview on The Sage Steele Show, Dungy noted that network executives wanted an audience of everyone and were often uncomfortable with expressions of faith.

* Faith and Pro-Life Stance: Dungy made it clear he is unapologetic about his beliefs, stating, "I am pro-life, and I'm not gonna be ashamed to say that". He added that NBC knew who he was when they hired him 17 years ago.

* Uncertainty: While Dungy suspects his public stances—such as speaking at the March for Life—may have contributed behind the scenes, he acknowledged, "I don’t know. I don’t know. And it really doesn’t matter", expressing gratitude for his 17 years with the network. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7] 

Would you like more information about who replaced Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison on NBC's studio team, or details on Mike Tomlin's new role?






https://www.google.com/search?q=NFL+Legend+Tony+Dungy+Says+His+Christian+Faith+Played+a+Role+in+His+Firing+from+NBC%3A+%E2%80%98They+Knew+Who+I+Was%E2%80%99&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new