My Blog List

www.espn.com - OLY

CBSSports MLB News

Thursday, July 25, 2013

7/13/13 DODGER STADIUM BETTER but SOME BAGGAGE CHECK persons still BAD"

...so I finally returned to dodger stadium after refusing to go for a few years..got a free ticket ..and wanted to see Yasiel Puig play..and experience the "new blue"..and for the most part it was a positive experience..new employees with smiling, welcoming faces..definitely somebody in public relations working on the hospitality aspect at the stadium..but there's still the "baggage check" people.. which has ALWAYS been the worst part of entering the stadium...some of these people have "authoritarian complexes" and unfortunately I randomly encountered one of these "proud male latinos" as I entered.. instead of smiling and saying hello and routinely checking to make sure I didn't have any "contraband" he began with "ok buddy, empty your pockets"...then he alternated with "sir" and "buddy" a few times.. none of it in a genuine caring, concerned, welcoming, or respectful manner..there's still a remnant of Latino control at the stadium..which I call the "mexican mafia"...they still think of it as "their turf" .. nonetheless it has improved greatly inside.. nicer atmosphere. ..but I hope they keep working on the baggage check people.. they can still be hospitable while doing their job.. they don't  have to give us a "stare down" or even frown to show us "who's the boss".. just do your job..95% or more of the people have nothing to hide and are doing nothing wrong, including me.